Do you Have Questions? CLICK HERE to contact us
The Pictor Plus portable retinal camera can take your practice places. From the exam room to on-location screenings, nursing home calls and everywhere in between. It is lightweight, weighing just 1 lb., and will shoot detailed high resolution images in daylight or darkness. The Pictor Plus portable imager moves with your practice and makes it possible to expand your services.
Main Features of Volk Pictor Fundus Camera
Improved Patient Care
Pictor Plus can provide first class ophthalmic care. The high resolution imagery Pictor Plus produces is very effective during initial screenings and follow-up treatments. Patient information is entered directly into the handset for patient records.
Featuring Wi-Fi connectivity, Pictor Plus can seamlessly integrate with any PC or mobile device to upload jpg images to your patient database system. Pictor Plus is now compatible with multiple image analysis and EMR software solutions and has DICOM compatibility.
Weighing a mere 1 lb., (0.45kg), Pictor Plus is easily portable and highly effective in mobile situations. A proven success in the rapidly expanding telemedicine applications, Pictor Plus is especially versatile to examine patients where access may be difficult.
Pays For Itself
In as little as 4 months your practice can expect a return on the original investment of the Pictor Plus device. Thereafter, it contributes to your revenue stream.
Two easily interchangeable modules provide high resolution retinal (non-mydriatic) or external eye imaging. Two additional modules are available for otoscopic and dermascopic examination.
RETINAL MODULE – Pictor Plus retinal imaging enables non-mydriatic fundus examination with a 40º field of view. With digital still and video images, the appearance of optic disc, macula and retinal vasculature can be screened and documented for ocular lesions and anomalies.
- 9 fixation targets to target a variety of retinal images
- Reflection free imaging with ten illumination levels
- Not necessary to dilate pupils (minimum pupil size 3mm)
- Produces color and red free images for contrast
- Automatic and manual focusing
- Diopter compensation -20D to + 20D
- Slit lamp mount adapts Pictor to any slit lamp
ANTERIOR MODULE – Pictor Plus anterior imaging provides high-resolution digital image data of the surface of the eye and areas directly surrounding the eye. The cobalt blue LED light allows fluorescent imaging to detect a dry eye or any cuts or rashes on the surface of the eye.
- White and blue LED light for image targeting and capture
- Autofocus and optional manual adjustment
- 6x digital zoom
- Image resolution 2560 x 1920 pixels
FLUORESCEIN ANGIOGRAPHY MODULE – Improving on the versatility of Pictor Plus, the Fluorescein Angiography (FA) module provides high
quality fundus fluorescein angiograms at the slit lamp and in any situation where imaging with a traditional table-mounted camera is not possible.
Fluorescein Angiography is used to help detect retinal or choroidal vascular diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, AMD, vascular occlusions and hypertensive retinopathy. Pictor FA provides highly defined visualization during early and late stages of the angiogram to help determine extent of a disease state. A built-in timer enhances data recording and analysis.
- The FA module has 9 fixation targets to attain a variety of retinal images (maximum field of view up to 70°).
- Ideal for portable situations such as disabled or bed-bound patients and pediatric care
- Detailed portrayal of the contrast fluid’s entire passage during arterial/venal phase
- A universal slit lamp adapter with chin rest provides a stable platform for in-office examination
- Easily connects to PC or tablet via WiFi or USB
- User friendly with automatic and manual focus modes
Pictor Workstation Software
Break away from the desktop with the Pictor Plus, and bring your EMR with you. Pictor Workstation is the new solution for managing patient images and information with wireless connection and DICOM support.
- Set up and import patient worklists into the camera
- Use DICOM to create worklists and transfer images to a PACS or EMR
- Compare up to 9 simultaneous images displayed in the software
- Supported operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Automate image transfer from Pictor Plus via Wi-Fi or USB
- Smooth workflow for transferring images from camera to EMR
- Operate as a standalone system for efficient data viewing, analyzing and archiving
- Take advantages of complete tools for diagnostic purposes including
zoom, lens and color filtering
|Camera Sensor Resolution||5 Mega Pixels|
|Optical Resolution||>60 linear pixels/mm|
|Focus Range||Autofocus, -20 to +20D|
|Minimum Pupil Size||3mm|
|Image and Video Format||JPG, DICOM, MPEG-4/MPEG-1|
|Memory||4GB SD card/2,000+ images|
|Power Supply||Rechargeable Ni-MH battery|
|Average Usage Time||3 hours continuous (2 batteries included)|
|Type of Photography||Color, Red-Free, Infra Red|
|Dimensions||– Handset – 3.2” (w) x 6.5” (h) x 2.6” (d) (82 x 166 x 66mm)
– Retina module – 2.6” (w) x 2.8” (h) x 6.3” (d) (67 x 73 x 160)
– Anterior module – 3.1” (dia) x 2.7” (d) (79 x 70)
|Weight||– Handset – 0.8 lb (400g)
– Retina Module – 0.6 lb (300g)
– Anterior module – 0.2 lb (92g)
|Fluorescein Angiography Mode|
|Field of View||40° (static); 70° (utilizing fixation targets)|
|Flash Illumination||Blue LED|
|Image Sensor||5 Megapixels|
|Image Format||JPG, DICOM|