Great walk through video here:
Specifications of the Kowa Alpha D III NM Fundus Camera
The Nonmyd α-DIII is a compact digital fundus camera that embodies Kowa’s longstanding tradition of electronic imaging excellence.
The lightweight construction and internal scientific 8 megapixel sensor produces a robust camera that combines advanced technology with modern design.
Connect to a computer via the USB interface to store, view, and compare images in the Portable VK-2 digital imaging software.
Two fixation modes enable the capture of three standard positions or an extended “mosaic” mode of nine positions, which can be merged into one panoramic image.
Rapid capture of fundus images is easy with the simple controls that are conveniently located at your fingertips: simply align, focus, and shoot.
The all-in-one compact, lightweight digital fundus camera incorporates advanced technology in an efficient design.
This cost effective design uses intuitive ergonomic operations that makes photographic results easy to capture.
Easy-to-use controls are located at your fingertips.
The conveniently located controls makes rapid screening easy; all operations can be carried out with the simple touch of a button.
9 Points Internal Fixation
The nonmyd α-DⅢ has 2 fixation modes that provide up to 9 fixation positions, “Normal” and “Mosaic”.
The “Mosaic mode” provides 9 fixation points for a panorama image covering a retinal area of approximately 85 degrees when using the “montage” application integrated in the digital imaging system. When using the “Normal mode” 3 positions are selectable Central, Disc and Macula.
The nonmyd α-DⅢ utilizes an internal 8 megapixel digital camera.
The high resolution digital camera provides detailed, diagnostic quality images with Kowa’s exclusive “Aspherical” optical system.
The nonmyd α-DⅢ connects to the computer through a USB interface that makes set-up and operations plug and play.
The camera can be used with either a desktop or notebook computer with Kowa Portable VK-2 digital imaging system. Regardless of the volume of photographs taken, the nonmyd α-DⅢ & Portable VK-2 lets you store, restore and compare data with ease. Shoot and forget allows easy image storage and automatic image saving.
- Field Angle 45 Degrees / 30 Degrees Optical
- Working Distance 30mm (between objective lens and cornea)
- Minimum Pupil Diameter: 3.5mm
- Focusing: Split Luminous Bars
- Working Distance Adjustment 2 Luminous Dot Indication Types
- Anterior Chamber / Fundus: Electrically Switched
- Internal Fixation Lamp Normal: 3 Positions (Central, Disc, Macula)
- Internal Fixation Lamp Mosaic: 9 Positions
- External Fixation Lamp Red Light (Option)
- Monitor 5.6″ LCD
- Power-Saving Function Timer
- Optical Head Movable 40mm Forward / Backward, Movable 100mm Leftward / Rightward, Movable 30mm Vertically (Electric)
- Chinrest Adjustment Range Movable 60mm (Electric)
- Power Supply Input: AC100V – AC240V, 50 / 60Hz Automatic Voltage Selection
- Dimensions 310 (W) x 504 (D) x 462 (H) mm
- Weight 21Kg / 46 Ibs.